City of Allen Small Business Grant Program Overview
Small Business Grant Program
Eligible Expenses & Maximum Financial Assistance Per Business
Eligible expenses include:
- Rent or Mortgage Interest (real and/or business personal property)
- Utilities (e.g. electricity, gas, water, sewer, trash removal, internet)
- Inventory costs
The maximum grant amount is $25,000 or 6 months of all eligible expenses. All grant applications will be subject to underwriting, which will include a review of the business's historical financial statements and other documentation related to the revenue losses and/or increased expenses that the business experienced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to prevent a duplication of benefits, underwriters will also review the scope and amount of any prior financial assistance received by the business owner.
- Your business must be physically located in the City of Allen, Texas.
- You must operate out of a "brick and mortar" commercial location and be able to provide a lease or mortgage to document your business's commercial location.
- You must have been in operation on or before March 1, 2020.
- Your 2020 gross receipts/sales must have been less than $1.5 million.
- You must have 50 or fewer employees.
- Your business must have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic - specifically, your gross or net receipts/sales must have declined by at least 10%.
- You agree to create or retain a full time job that will be occupied by a low- or moderate-income person.
- You agree to continue your normal business operations (to the extent allowed by local, state, and federal law) for at least six months after the date of payment of the financial assistance.
Review & Payment Process
Instructional Videos for Applicants
- How to Register for an Account (First Time Applicants) - In order to apply for the City of Allen Small Business Grant Program, you need to register for a SurveyApply account. This 2 min. video explains how to register for an NDC SurveyApply account.
- How to Complete Application Tasks & Eligibility Criteria - This 13 min. video explains how to complete the required application tasks and explains the eligibility criteria for the program.
Helpful Documents for Applicants
If you have questions about the program, you can:
- Email us at: ERAPquestions@ndconline.org
All email messages will be returned within one business day.