Nassau County Main Street Recovery Grant Program
PROGRAM UPDATE AS OF JULY 7, 2023: Future applications are on hold until further notice.
The Nassau County Main Street Recovery Grant Program awards grants of $10,000 to small businesses and non-profits that experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19. Financial assistance is available to those in need on a first come, first served basis. Per Internal Revenue Service guidance, these grants are taxable.
To qualify for Recovery Grant Program, an applicant must:
- Be the principal i.e., majority owner of the applicant entity.
- Be a small business owner or nonprofit executive currently operating within Nassau County. Businesses that have ceased operations are ineligible.
- Be an eligible for-profit business or 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) nonprofit organization.
- Have less than 50 full-time equivalent (FTE) W-2 employees.
- Have had less than $5 million in 2021 and 2022 gross revenues.
- Certify and demonstrate they experienced economic or financial hardship due to COVID-19. Examples include demonstrating reduction in revenues, increases in expenses, costs related to COVID compliance, staffing difficulties, etc.
- Not have received a grant from Nassau County within the past 3 years. Applicants that already received grant funds from Nassau County are not eligible to apply.
- Not be in default or arrears on past or current federal, state, or local financing or funding programs.
- Not be in current litigation with, or have any conflict of interest with, Nassau County or the third-party administrator (NDC).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: The following documents will be required to submit a complete application (incomplete applications may not be considered):
- 2021 federal business tax return (all pages and schedules – if in operation in 2021)
- 2022 federal business tax return (all pages and schedules – if in operation in 2022), or proof of extension along with complete 2022 profit and loss statement.
- Employer withholding tax return (IRS 941 quarter ending 12/31/2022 if applicable)
- Current business bank statement
- Organizational documents (articles of incorporation, certificate of organization…)
- Valid government-issued photo ID for every owner with 20% or more interest in the business
ELIGIBLE USE OF PROCEEDS: Eligible uses of grant proceeds include working capital to mitigate the economic and financial hardships caused by COVID-19 such as the purchase of inventory/supplies, rent, utilities, lease or purchase of equipment, operating and emergency maintenance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants can make full application at ndc.smapply.io. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed. Only one (1) application per Tax ID.
FUNDING IS LIMITED
Applicants needing assistance can email NCMSRecovery@ndconline.org and someone will contact you as soon as possible.