City of Irving - Small Business Recovery & Resiliency Program
LIVE WEBINAR MAY 11 - City of Irving and NDC representatives will demonstrate how to complete the application and answer attendee questions. This webinar will be live, recorded and available on-demand here or http://CityofIrving.org/SmallBizGrant.
Click the green apply button in the top right corner to start your application. Title your application the legal business name with the DBA (if applicable) in parentheses. If you are a sole proprietor, put your legal first and last name with the DBA or assumed name (if applicable) in parentheses. The owner of the applicant entity should be the one applying, but collaborators can be added by the owner.
Example 1: Company A, LLC (DBA Joe's Sandwich Shop)
Example 2: John Smith (DBA Barbers USA)
Example 3: Jane Doe
The Small Business Recovery and Resiliency Program provides two potential grants to eligible businesses in Irving, Texas. Applicants can apply for both grants, if eligible, within one application linked below. These grants are meant to help businesses strengthen their operations, build capacity and develop resiliency to withstand future economic shocks.
- Direct financial assistance in the form of a one-time Recovery Grant up to $15,000 is available to businesses based on 2022 gross income (as reported on its 2022 business tax return):
- $5,000 for gross business revenues up to $150,000 in 2022
- $10,000 for gross business revenues between $150,001 and $1,000,000 in 2022
- $15,000 for gross business revenues $1,000,001 and $5,000,000 in 2022
- Professional business support, advice, counseling, training and technical assistance (TA) services are available through a Resiliency Grant* to cover the cost of:
- Business plan writing
- Website development
- Financial readiness
- Business management training
- Marketing and advertising expertise
- Disaster mitigation planning
- Legal, accounting and many more topics
To qualify for the Resiliency Grant (TA), there is no minimum revenue requirement, and an applicant must:
- Be the principal i.e., majority owner of the applicant entity.
- Be a small business owner currently operating within the City of Irving, Texas. Businesses that have ceased operations are ineligible.
- Be an eligible private for-profit business. Nonprofits are ineligible.
- Have 100 full-time equivalent (FTE) W-2 employees or less.
- Have gross revenue not more than $5,000,000 in 2022.
- Certify and demonstrate they experienced economic hardship due to COVID-19.
- Not be in default or arrears on past or current federal, state, or local financing or funding programs.
- Not be in current litigation with, or have any conflict of interest with, the City of Irving, Texas, or the third-party administrator (NDC).
To qualify for the Recovery Grant (financial assistance), an applicant must:
- Meet all the Resiliency Grant eligibility requirements*.
- Have been in operation in Irving, Texas prior to January 1, 2020 (there is no minimum business age requirement for the Resiliency Grant).
- Commit to actively participate in the Resiliency Grant (TA) program.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: The following documents will be required to submit a complete application (incomplete applications may not be considered):
- 2019 federal business tax return (all pages and schedules – if in operation in 2019)
- 2020 federal business tax return (all pages and schedules – if in operation in 2020)
- 2021 federal business tax return (all pages and schedules – if in operation in 2021)
- 2022 federal business tax return (all pages and schedules – if in operation in 2022), *or proof of extension along with complete 2022 profit and loss statement.
- 2023 profit and loss statement (year to date)
- Employer withholding tax return, IRS 941 quarter ending 12/31/2022, and recent payroll summary, if applicable
- Current business bank statement
- Organizational documents (articles of incorporation, certificate of organization…)
- Valid government-issued photo ID for every owner with 20% or more interest in the business
- Commitment to participate in the Resiliency Grant program.
- Execute a grant agreement and other documents necessary for funding.
ELIGIBLE USE OF RECOVERY GRANT PROCEEDS: Eligible uses of Recovery Grant proceeds include working capital to mitigate the economic and financial hardships caused by COVID-19 such as the purchase of inventory/supplies, rent, utilities (not water), lease or purchase of equipment, operating and emergency maintenance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants can make full application by clicking the green apply button in the top right corner of this page. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed. Applicants needing assistance can call 972-957-5162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUNDING IS LIMITED
**Portions of the funding from these programs may contain an agreement to retain or create at least one low to moderate income job.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Click to view the documents below.
- City of Irving Small Business Grant Program Guide
- Ciudad de Irving Programa de Recuperación y Tenacidad para Pequeñas Empresas
- City of Irving Grant Program-Quick Reference Guide
- Ciudad de Irving Programa de Recuperación y Tenacidad para Pequeñas Empresas de Referencia
- Small Business Recovery and Resiliency Program FAQs
- Ciudad de Irving Programa de Recuperación y Tenacidad para Pequeñas Empresas Preguntas Frecuentes
- City of Irving Small Business Guide