Boost Nassau Main Street Recovery Grant Program
PROGRAM UPDATE: The Nassau County Main Street Recovery Grant Program (MSRGP) awards grants of $10,000 to small businesses and non-profits hard-hit by the pandemic on a first-come, first-served basis. Given the program’s tremendous success, the County Executive has asked the Nassau County Legislature to expand the program with an additional $10 million appropriation. While the County is continuing to accept applications, please be aware that we cannot guarantee they will be approved and funds disbursed without the additional appropriation. If you are a business owner seeking information on the status of your application please contact NDC (the County's third party Program Administrator) via email at NCMSRecovery@ndconline.org.
Nassau County’s Boost Nassau Main Street Recovery Grant Program supports small businesses located within the County that experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 and that are in need of financial assistance to continue to operate or to be able to reopen as allowed by law during the crisis. Grants of $10,000 per business will be awarded for eligible businesses.
Per Internal Revenue Service guidance, these grants are taxable.
Please review the information below for an overview of the Boost Nassau Main Street Recovery Grant Program. If you still have questions about the program after reading the information below, please contact NDC (the County's third party Program Administrator), via email at NCMSRecovery@ndconline.org.
Definition of eligible business:
- Less than 50 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees (40 hours = 1 FTE)
- All Business Sectors:
- For-Profit (Must certify that the business meets the definition of a small business in 13 C.F.R § 35.3)
- Non-Profit (501(c)3)
- Located in Nassau County
- Business must have less than $5 million in annual revenues
- Business must be currently open at some level
- Must certify and demonstrate/identify that they have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Reduction in revenues, increases in percent of expenses, costs related to COVID compliance, staffing difficulties, etc.
Type of assistance: Grant
- Grant amount: $10,000
- Businesses with greater than 50 employees
- Businesses in violation of New York State Executive orders relating to the COVID-19 pandemic or other State, County or local ordinances
- eg., EO 202.74 effective Friday, November 13 at 10 PM
- SLA FAQ: https://sla.ny.gov/Guidance-COVID-Related-Closing-Times
- Businesses in bankruptcy proceedings or having filled bankruptcy in the last 12 months.
- Businesses with defaults and/or losses caused to the federal government or state of New York (due to federal laws).
- Businesses with a conflict of interest including Nassau County employees or elected officials
Only one (1) application per Tax-ID, regardless of how many sites applicant has in Nassau County